This position is responsible for Driver dispatch operations in the Transportation Department.
McLane promotes earning, learning, and living a great life. We are a team, and we want to work with you. So, here's the details:
Schedule: Sunday - Wednesday 7:30 pm - 6 amESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Generous benefits available on your 60th day: medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA/HSA and company-paid life insurance.
- Get paid early. Get paid fast.
- 401(k) with annual company match.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, educational assistance program, and more!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Prepare daily records and memos and maintain filing system for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Complete transportation pouches including route manifests, invoices, special customer notifications, maps, and store keys for drivers.
- Develop and update driver and helper dispatch schedule daily.
- Understand DOT hours of service and ensure driver compliance.
- Set up daily tractor/trailer assignment for drivers.
- Verify the roadworthiness of tractors and trailers and keep maintenance records.
- Contact customers to inform them of variances in delivery times.
- Expedite driver manifests and highlight keys.
- Provide timely reports to immediate supervisor as requested.
- This position has additional duties. Special projects may be assigned at the position supervisor's discretion.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of similar work experience is preferred
- Have a solid working knowledge regarding the distribution environment and dispatch issues and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable with PeopleSoft relating to recordkeeping and scheduling for drivers and helpers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word, Access) is preferred.
- Be able to read maps.
- Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.