This position is responsible for coordinating the daily functions of the Human Resources Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Day 1 Benefits available: medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA/HSA and company-paid life insurance.
- Get paid early. Get paid fast.
- 401(k) with annual company match.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, sick leave accrual, college tuition reimbursement, and more!
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist and observe in various training programs in order to comply with McLane Company training practices and federal laws.
- Facilitate mandatory harassment/substance abuse training, safety, and arrange special classes for teammates.
- Maintain logo clothing, relocation billing, FMLA records, Workers Compensation and safety investigations, documentation, reporting and evacuation plans.
- Coordinate special events such as: CMN, United Way, Health Fair, teammate parties, etc.
- Support for HR Manager as needed.
- Ensure that the McLane Company employment process is carried out within legal guidelines and that each applicant is treated fairly and consistently.
- Manage requisitions and develop appropriate recruitment strategies with managers (i.e.: advertisements, internet).
- Coordinate and attend career fairs, receive, review, and screen applications and resumes, communicate application status to applicants, check references and verify previous employment.
- Advise supervisors on hiring/offer procedures, arrange pre-employment paperwork and orientation, and maintain Jobs Box.
- Promote teammate morale through open lines of communication and policy interpretation.
- Coordinate teammate meetings assist in facilitation of New Hire Orientation, and interact daily with teammates and managers.
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a bachelor's degree.
- Have 2+ years experience in Human Resources.
- Possess hands on experience in training and coaching.
- Understand safety practice guidelines.
- Have strong MS Office skills including Word and Excel. PowerPoint will be useful; Peoplesoft experience preferred.
- Be able to identify and work through problems and conflicting issues in a clear and diplomatic manner.
- Be abele to review and interpret data, transactions, policies, and business practices.
- Be an effective communicator (verbally and written) with teammates at all levels.
- Be able to work in diverse and fast paced environment.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.