The Senior Accountant is jointly responsible for financial and accounting activities within a McLane Company, Inc. grocery division. They also have frontline supervisory and leadership responsibilities for the division's non-exempt accounting team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Day 1 Benefits available: medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA/HSA and company-paid life insurance.
- Get paid early. Get paid fast.
- 401(k) with annual company match.
- Paid holidays, vacation time, sick leave accrual, college tuition reimbursement, and more!
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Share responsibility for all aspects of the financial reporting of a division, such as:
- Financial statement preparation and management including advanced balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support all departments in expense control to include review and analysis.
- Set up, maintain, and inventory fixed assets.
- Prepare documents for internal and external audits.
- Maintain compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), McLane accounting policies, best practices and other internal controls.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget.
- Prepare, file and pay product excise taxes and other taxes as needed including:
- Forecast and facilitate the purchase of excise tax indicia.
- Assist in meeting physical security and internal control objectives of tax indicia and taxable product.
- Facilitate various jurisdictional audit and information requests.
- Supervise and train accounting department clerical staff.
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA-in-progress preferred.
- Possess 3 or more years of accounting experience.
- Have strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Have Oracle E-Business Suite experience preferred.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to organize, forecast and meet deadlines.
- Office environment.
- Interaction with cigarette stamping and inventory control in a distribution center environment.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.